Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Covergirl Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm

Covergirl Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm in SWEET TWEET

What is it?
A basic lip balm with a supposed tint and subtle fruit fragrance. This lip balm is $5.99 and can be purchased at drugstore type retailers. This lip balm claims to moisturize lips.


The Real Deal:

If you're like me, then you have a million different lip balms stashed around your house and about five in your purse this time of the year. The skin on my face is oily, but I was blessed with the driest lips in the universe. So, I like to buy new lip balms all the time! Let's take a look at this one to see why I'm not impressed. This lip balm comes in a dual color tube with a clear plastic top. It has an unbelievably long name… that is also very juvenile sounding… However, the product itself is a slightly shimmery very sheer in color balm. The product is slightly oversized and glides onto lips very smoothly. I enjoy applying this balm and it seems to last about 2 hours or less when eating/drinking. The color is so sheer that it is practically non-existent. There is also a very faint fruity smell.  

Note: The color is so sheer it did not show on my lips, therefore there is no application picture. 

The product is swatched on the left of my wrist (see the sheen?)

Overall, this is a nice lip balm but certainly not the best lip balm available. I prefer the uncolored version of Maybelline’s Baby Lips to this Covergirl product mainly because the former has SPF in it to protect lips. The Covergirl lip balm really isn’t for one concerned about color or lip protection. Sure it moisturizes, but can’t I have more than just that one thing from a product that costs $5.99? I’m glad that I had a coupon for this!  

Quality: **/5 (I’m giving it a generous grade here because it is moisturizing)

Perks: There’s no added benefit

Bang for your buck: */5 (For this price? Skip it and look for something else)

Disclaimer: I purchased this with my own money and I am not being paid for my opinion.

Do you use basic lip balms? Do your prefer tinted or untinted?


No comments:

Post a Comment