Friday, September 27, 2013

Fantastic Skincare Friday! Juice Beauty Stem Cell Moisturizer

Fantastic Skincare Fridays!

Area: Face

Concern: Aging Skin, Natural/Organic Skincare Ingredients

Product: Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair Moisturizer

Price: $65.00 1.7 fl. oz. 

Function:
This moisturizer is billed as an anti-aging one that utilizes vitamin C and fruit stem cells to increase skin cell turnover. Skin cell turnover is a process where your skin works to make new skin cells which slows down the aging process. A good and basic anti-aging skincare regimen will consist of an exfoliator to remove the dead skin cells, and then something that helps to heal up the skin after such an abrasive experience. This moisturizer is perfect for use after exfoliation with any product. It is also perfect for use before you put your foundation on. I am going to be 30 in about 5 months and I’m more concerned about aging now than I ever was! Also, I used to smoke, and I’ve been a stressed out college student for far too long! Therefore, I need something to help ease the aging process: I have had slight forehead wrinkles for the last few years. This product diminished those until they are no longer noticeable: this happened in about 3 weeks. I would think that if I stopped using this, the wrinkles would return with a vengeance…

Action Shots: 

There's your "organic proof" stamp


I pumped out a wee bit 'o moisturizer 



Notice that special container opening? You press the button down and the cream pops up. I get a little out at a time and cover my face conscientiously because I’m frugal and I want this expensive stuff to last as long as possible! The special dispenser keeps air out which can ruin your moisturizer very quickly (so always look for a dispenser with a pump, not a screw on/off jar lid)! The bad thing is that you don’t know how much is left… But there’s a lot in there! I’ve bought 3 of these since last year December… I’m still on my 3rd one and I have a back-up ordered!

I have oily skin and have toyed around with a lot of facial moisturizers. This one came onto the market just last year, so it’s still in its infancy as a product. I originally received a sample in a Birchbox once and was shocked at the fast absorption rate. I did a little research a year or so ago and found out that a lot of moisturizers contain mineral oil which can sit on the face for hours (the molecules of mineral oil/petrolatum are so large that our pores cannot drink them up quickly)! You take that in combination with oily skin and you can stand around waiting for your moisturizer to sink in for days! Then it gets on your pillow at night and your face never receives vital moisture to stay “young” looking.

I have used this at night, every night, for almost a year now. I have also used it during the day occasionally; mostly during winter months when the air is super dry. I can put this on and in 3-5 minutes I can apply my foundation. It has a fruity smell that some may not like, but it is not from added fragrance, it is from essential oils. If you are sensitive to essential oil fragrance, this will aggravate your skin. If you are not sure, head to your local Ulta store and grab a sample to try before you buy. It is made using organic ingredients like all Juice Beauty products. It is expensive, but if you have finicky skin like mine (oily, breakout prone, etc.) this just may be the product for you!

This product is sold on www.birchbox.com, www.juicebeauty.com, and www.ulta.com.

Money Saving Tip: Birchbox gives dollar rewards and Ulta has a points system.

Quality: *****/5 (I’ll stop using this when they stop making it!)

Perks: more natural/organic (certified) skincare ingredients, the air saver container, and it’s vegan friendly!

Bang for your buck: ***/5 (This stuff is pricy: Use it only at night and only enough to cover face and neck and you will have this jar for about 4-5 months)

Disclaimer: I purchased this with my own money and I am not being paid for my opinion.

What do you think of more natural/organic skincare products? Have you tried any before? What are your anti-aging needs?


No comments:

Post a Comment