Monday, September 23, 2013

Mieux Make-Up Monday!!! It Cosmetics' CC Cream Review

It Cosmetics Your Skin but Better CC+ Color Correcting, Full Coverage Cream, + Anti-Aging Hydrating Serum, + SPF 50

What is it?
A thick creamy anti-aging, SPF (chemical free), tinted moisturizer. It claims to provide the face with skincare and foundation all in one.  This sells for $38.00 on itcosmetics.com, ulta.com, and can be found on qvc.com.

The Real Deal:
I don’t know about you, but I have a busy life. I am a full time student (for the 2nd time), and work full time as a caretaker. My schedule can be hectic to the point that my skin looks terrible! With erratic sleeping schedules and suffering from stress at work and with school… I look like a hot mess on most days of the week! Therefore, I need constant skin rehab in order to achieve a fresh faced look! I have gravitated towards BB creams to help me with my skin goals for the last 3 years. I started using them when they first popped up in America. I have used Asian BB creams and American BB creams. Yes there’s a difference and no it does not matter. The only thing that really matters is, does it work for you?  

I had a problem with Asian BB creams being too grayish and light for my skin tone. I have light skin that can get quite fair during winter months only. The rest of the year it has a light to light medium tone. I enjoy American creams because they usually have more color choices. This formula has 5 color choices that range from very light to dark for women of color. I have the color “light” and it is a slightly yellow toned natural medium cream color. This is a very thick cream but it does spread on the skin nicely. It sets rather quickly for a moisturizing formula and can remain on the skin as is or be powdered over. The longevity changes slightly when adding powder: no powder = 6 hours of wear, powder = 8-12 hours of wear (this of course depends on what kind of powder you use; I try to use a longer lasting powder because I hate reapplying).
The benefits that it claims to give, I could not measure. I can say that it was moisturizing for my oily skin and did not slide around on my face because of the thick texture. It also has high non-chemical sunscreen which is great for both anti-aging benefits, and for those that breakout from chemical sunscreens (like me). I can wear this with one coat for a light make-up day or I can layer on a 2nd coat for extreme coverage. The tube is 1.08 fl. Oz. and seems rather expensive. However, the SPF level is specialized and high, the formula is your moisturizer and foundation. This eliminates a couple of steps making this the only thing you place on your face to start your day!

Action shots:




You can't really tell here, but I blended out a small portion right underneath the globs of product. It's really a great color match!

One Coat

2nd Coat

2nd Coat with Powder



Repurchase? Yes! In fact I have tube number 2 coming in from ulta.com soon!! (one tube lasts about 3 months)

Try before you buy: Go to ulta.com and see if it is at a store near you!

Quality: *****/5 (Plenty of color choices and non-chemical SPF 50!)

Perks: There’s a boat load of benefits check them all out online!

Bang for your buck: ****/5 (It seems pricy but it’s a high end product that replaces a few steps)

Disclaimer: I purchased this with my own money and I am not being paid for my opinion.

Have you ever used a BB/CC cream? What do you think of using just this product in the morning?

*Don't forget to ask me some questions to answer on Friday!! 


2 comments:

  1. What a great blog read - I've been using Selma Hayek's Nuance Bb Cream - and have not been won over! I've been experimenting with a few different brands, but have yet to try this one. I've been looking for that all-over, dewy moisturizer that would jive with my busy schedule - WITHOUT compromising my pores/first impressions/skin in general. Thanks for the rec - I'll be hitting up Ulta shortly! Keep these posts comin' - very personable, very informative! A real woman blogging about real fixes - on a REAL budget!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz!! I really like this cream. It's thick but does not feel heavy. See if they have it at Ulta in your neighborhood!

      Delete