Friday, October 18, 2013

Fantastic Skincare Friday! Mary Kay Timewise Microdermabrasion

Fantastic Skin Fridays!

Area: Face

Concern: Dull skin, Dry skin, Acne, General Aging concerns

Product: Mary Kay Timewise Microdermabrasion Step 1: Refine, 2.5 oz

Price: $31.00 (STEEP!)

Function:
This is a general exfoliator that uses micro crystals to exfoliate the skin. It is a 2 step process where one uses a moisturizer for step 2. However, I just purchased the exfoliator because my skin does not tolerate certain moisturizers very well. This product is supposed to “refine” your skin after one use and is supposed to provide you with a gentle exfoliation experience.  

After one use your face is smooth just like any other exfoliator. What I like about this one is the micro crystal format. I tend to find larger exfoliation products too harsh for my face which ends up hurting my skin and making me breakout even more. What I do not like about this product is that the bottle is TINY and the price tag is high! Are there better ones on the market? Sort of, there sure are other micro crystal formulas for exfoliators out there like: Philosphy’s microdelivery which comes in a much larger bottle!

Tip: Find a formula like this one and pass this up due to its hefty price tag. The mega large bottle of Philosophy’s Microdelivery wash comes with a pump and will last longer than a year… yep!

This product is sold on www.marykay.com and through your local Mary Kay representative*.

*And yes you can purchase step 1 by itself, don’t be sold on the moisturizer too if you have a moisturizer that you already love.

Quality: **/5 (it’s a great formula but it’s not a miracle product)

Perks: Gentle exfoliation

Bang for your buck: */5 (It costs too much for such a little size!)

Repurchase Quotient: Like a certain American gymnast, I’m not impressed, so not likely.

Disclaimer: I purchased this with my own money and I am not being paid for my opinion.

What’s your go to exfoliation product? Is it an acid or a granule exfoliator?


No comments:

Post a Comment