Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara!

Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara

What is it?

A glamorous mascara that claims to give you super full and elegant looking lashes. This mascara is $23.00 and can be purchased at myriad places including: Sephora.com and ulta.com. This mascara claims to provide your lashes with deep color (black only), separation, and curling.





The Real Deal:
The brush is a large and full bristle brush in the shape of an hourglass. The formula is very creamy but lightweight. It does not take much work to get lashes coated. This is a smooth formula with low to no clumping issues: just be careful of the pressure you use during application. I use my tried and true “roll upwards, then wiggle at the base, then roll upwards again” technique. I also apply mascara until I achieve my preferred look (which is always more than one coat; never waiting between coats).

I would say that this mascara is fantastic for many occasions; especially a smokey eye or night out on the town look. However, I have worn this during the day to work and find that it is not overpowering for a very neutral and conservative appearance. The tube it is housed in is simply gorgeous: an elegant pink aluminum tube stamped with the Too Faced name. After using this for a month and a half, the formula is still wet and usable and has little to no signs of drying.





Quality: *****/5 (The formula is wet and not prone to drying out, it’s so delightful to apply, and lashes  
  look phenomenal)

Perks: There’s no added benefit

Bang for your buck: ***/5 (It’s a pricy mascara: if you buy it at Sephora or Ulta, you can earn points on
                                                     it)

Disclaimer: I purchased this with my own money and I am not being paid for my opinion.

Are you planning on trying out this mascara? What is your formula preference: lengthening, curling, voluminizing?


No comments:

Post a Comment