Thursday, October 3, 2013

Throwback Thursday! Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush

Throwback Thursday!!!

Spotlight on: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush

Colors: EXPOSED (matte) and PASSION (shimmer)

Price: $26.00

Repurchase Reasons:
For starters this formula lasts 12 hours, so, there you go! Next, the colors are great! I am interested in picking up other colors, especially DOLLFACE (light pink matte). These are very pigmented blushes that are packaged in a plastic compact the same color as the blush. Exposed is the best neutral blush I have ever used. It is a matte brown rose and can be used for contouring on ladies with lighter skin tones (fair to medium). Beyond that I would say pass on this and go with a purple if you have medium to dark skin. Yes it lasts 12 hours, yes it blends perfectly, yes it seems pricy but one of these puppies lasts about 6 months if you wear it pretty much every day. I can get about a year or more use just because I have other colors/formulations of blush in my stash….

Application Techniques:
 Exposed works best as a contour or on the back of the cheek (think just slightly on top of the cheekbone closer to the ear than to the nose). Blend back towards the cheek in an upwards motion to achieve that “supermodel” chisel. *Passion works best as a traditional blush. I apply it quite high on the backs of my cheek bones and round it up onto my temples. This is a rich color so take it easy if you have lighter skin.
*This color was purchased inside of a kit, so it may not be available, but I’m sure there’s some other option resembling this one.

Drool Worthy Pictures:



Exposed                            Passion





Exposed swatched, blended          Passion swatched, blended (flashback from shimmer!)

Try before you buy: Go check this blush formula out at Ulta and/or Sephora!

Quality: *****/5 (matte and shimmer options, high pigmentation, and 12 hour wear!)

Perks: 12 hour wear! This company does not use parabens, pthlalates, etc. 

Bang for your buck: ****/5 (It seems pricy but a little goes a long way and it’s so long lasting!)

Disclaimer: I purchased these with my own money and I am not being paid for my opinion.

This is my “holy grail” blush formula; what is yours?


1 comment:

  1. Benefit Dallas. That stuff is my blush crack, though your Exposed formula looks very promising!

    ReplyDelete