Monday, October 7, 2013

Mieux Make-Up Monday! Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Pencil

Tarte Lipsurgence Power Pigment in: AWAKENING

What is it?
A lush chunky lip pencil with a true cream finish. This lip pencil gives out impactful color, moisturizes, and contains a slight tingling mint essence. It is from the “Beauty without Boundaries” collection that was advertised on QVC in September. It supposedly retails for $23.00 and can be purchased only through the Tarte QVC collection on qvc.com at this time.

The Real Deal:
The lip surgence pencil is not new to me. In fact I bought a holiday collection of them a few years ago. They lasted me about all year. Some of them got ruined and had to be thrown out after the cheap caps broke off of the ends and dirt/debris from my purse got inside the pencils. However, I still have 2 from that collection that I will show later in a Throwback Thursday post. Their packaging is vastly different from this particular pencil. This pencil has a “locking” kind of top for it. Also, this case looks so much more lavish and when it comes to lips, I love me some packaging! The prettier it is the more likely that I am to use it.  





As you can see, the color of this lip pencil is a true coral: it looks like a pinky orange coral reef! I think that this color will flatter more women who have darker skin tones as well as the woman who loves going bold and unique when it comes to lip color. The formula seems a tad bit sticky, but it really sinks down into your lips. Lips feel moisturized and slightly plump. This pencil gives off a lot of pigmentation in one swipe. This color lasted hours on me through normal wear (eating, drinking etc.). Also, after it feels like it has worn off you are left with a slight tint to the lips. Therefore, you won't have some odd looking lips (you know that color ring that exists when you have lipstick on the edge of the lips but on the inside near your mouth there is no color). 

Application Tip: Add a light neutral gloss over this and you have a great lip for any basic make-up look!

Quality: ****/5 (The formula is creamy and highly pigmented, and the packaging is sturdy)

Perks: It’s cruelty free, and contains no parabens, phthalates, etc. as are all Tarte cosmetics, plus it’s very moisturizing!

Bang for your buck: ***/5 (In order to get this color you have to buy the kit and that can be a bit much if you want nothing else, however, it is exclusive to QVC until the end of November, so you will see these individually at tarte.com and Sephora.com fairly soon!)

Disclaimer: I purchased this with my own money and I am not being paid for my opinion.

What are your thoughts on chunky lip pencils? Do you prefer traditional lipstick and lip liners?


No comments:

Post a Comment