Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween Tutorial: Evil Queen

Halloween Tutorial

Evil Queen
This was fun to do because I was able to use the ELF palette and the picture on the front to create my version of the artist’s look for the Evil Queen. I think that you could also use this look for a sorceress or vampire look.  

Tools:
Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser foundation and concealer, The Balm eye shadow primer, NARS luminizer in Hungry Heart, ELF HD powder, the ELF Evil Queen shadow palette: mascara, liquid eye liner, pencil eye liner, lip gloss, and Ardell Evil Queen lashes in: Tyra.




Face: Start with the face. Use light foundation and concealer to prep your look. Cover with a powder. Use a luminizer to highlight the forehead, nose, tops of cheeks and the middle of your chin.






Eyes: I used Huntsman shadow all over the eye area. I then used the Jealousy shadow on the lid and blended it up into the crease. I used the shadow Dark Magic on the outer edge of the lid and blended it up into the crease. I then used the shadow witch on the top lid liner area and the bottom outer liner area. I used the liquid liner to make a very sharp and long triangle cat eye look. The liner is very wet and the formula does not dry quickly so it was annoying to work with. I used the liquid liner on the bottom outer area of the eye. I placed the eye lashes on last and if you do not use lashes, you need to practice putting them on a few times before you initially use them because you could mess up your eye look. I always use mascara before I apply eyelashes.


Eyebrows: I lined and filled in my brows using the black pencil liner. I concentrated on drawing and filling in the top 2/3 of my eye brows to give a little more height and arch to them.  



Lips: I just put on the lip gloss and did not use any liner with it.

I really loved doing this look. This is a more glamorous eye look for Halloween but it is not difficult to do. If you are unsure about liquid liner I would just skip it. If you are interested in using liquid liner I would go with a formula that dries more quickly than this one. I really like Maybelline Stiletto liner; it’s pretty easy to use.


Happy Halloween! 

No comments:

Post a Comment