Thursday, October 24, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Avon Nailwear Pro+ Nail Enamel!

Avon Nailwear Pro+ Nail Enamel in:  NIGHT VIOLET (discontinued), TWEED (discontinued), UNTAMED (new), LICORICE (discontinued), DECADENCE (available), RACY (new)

What is it?
A nail enamel armed with properties to provide intense pigmentation and extreme wear. This product is sold through an Avon representative or on avon.com. It retails for $6.00.  

The Real Deal:
NIGHT VIOLET is a very dark purple wine with small silver and pewter flecks of shimmer. It dries very dark on the nail.

UNTAMED is a medium creamy gray.

TWEED is a burgundy wine with a cream finish; this color also dries to a very dark almost black finish.

LICORICE is a black cream.

DECADENCE is a bright deep purple with hints of bluish purple shimmer.

RACY is a vibrant fuschia with a cream finish.


All of the nail colors are darker when they dry than they appear while in the bottle. However, it is not that much of a difference. The pigmentation is extreme and after two coats the nail is completely opaque with the color. I wash my hands a lot because I am a caretaker. Usually, I will buy a color I like and my manicure will last ½ a day maybe 1 if I do not have to work the day that I paint my nails. This formula sticks onto the nails and feels thick. It lasts 4-5 days for me which is SUPERB! Avon usually has the new colors on sale for almost half price and then they will have several polish sales throughout the year as colors come and go. I ordered a limited edition shade recently called INKY BLUE and it is a deep navy cream. I’m very excited to get it and try it. This is the only nail polish I ever consider buying anymore because the staying power is insane!  

Quality: ****/5 (The formula is highly pigmented, and the polish stays for a long time)

Perks: long wear formula

Bang for your buck: ***/5 ($6.00 for a polish is a lot for me to spend; look for sales which happen several times a year!)

Disclaimer: I purchased this with my own money and I am not being paid for my opinion.

What are your fave brands/colors of nail polish? Do you buy trendy colors often or classic colors?


No comments:

Post a Comment