Monday, October 21, 2013

Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara

Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara in BLACK

What is it?
A lengthening mascara. This tube is full of .28 oz of product. The brush is fairly small in gauge and it is made of a hard silicone/plastic material. This comes in plum, green, black and brown. The plum and green colors are limited editions. Marykay.com price is $15.00.



The Real Deal:
Unfortunately, this mascara fails to impress me. I think that the formula is pretty good at lengthening the lashes but not as impressive as others that I have tried. Also, the brush is just not something I enjoy using. I keep poking myself in the eyeball for some reason whenever I use this mascara! Part of my dislike for this mascara is due to the wand. I don’t usually buy drugstore mascara because I prefer a more “hair” like bristle because they are usually softer on the eye area. This mascara is ok, but pricy for what it does; you can just pick up a cheaper mascara at the drugstore and get a similar result.






If you are interested in trying out this mascara because you just love long lashes and Mary Kay, than this one is for you. However, if you want to find that lengthening mascara in a drugstore brand that is better than this, check out L’Oreal’s Telescopic mascara. If you prefer high end; my 2 faves are Lancome L’extreme and Dior’s Extase. The Lancome mascara will give you to die for lashes, and the Dior one is a bit tricky to work with but will give you long, separated and voluminous lashes.

Quality: **/5 (The formula works just fine, but it’s not impressive)

Perks: There’s no added benefit

Bang for your buck: **/5 (I can find a formula like this for less at a drugstore; or even Avon)

Disclaimer: I purchased this with my own money and I am not being paid for my opinion.

Do you buy makeup through catalogs/representatives? Which do you prefer; MK or Avon?


No comments:

Post a Comment