Monday, October 28, 2013

Mieux Make-Up Monday: Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara

Bare Minerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara

What is it?

A volumizing mascara that claims to produce thick dark black lashes using a spiraled wand. The formula contains minerals for color and quinoa protein to build the thickness of lashes more naturally. This mascara is $18.00 and can be purchased at: bareescentuals.com and ulta.com.

The Real Deal:
The brush is made up of a silicone/plastic material. The brushes bristles are not very long. The brush is shaped in a unique spiral pattern. The color option is INTENSE BLACK only. This is a new mascara from this brand and it launched mid-summer of this year. It is the newest innovative brush pattern that I have seen so far. I find that these plastic/silicone bristled brushes are not user-friendly for me. I tend to poke myself in the eye using these brushes far more often than when I use a more natural hair-like fibered brush. The formula is creamy to dry. There are obvious clumps that form occasionally on the brush before application.

One must use caution when using this mascara. It clumps easily and the thick creamy formula tends to build up on lashes very quickly so a heavy hand needs to be avoided during application. I find that the short bristles on the brush make it hard for me to get onto my lashes. I have poked myself in the eye a few times during application just because I cannot judge how close to place the brush to my eyeball due to the short bristles. Use my mascara application technique: “roll upwards, then wiggle at the base, then roll upwards again”. I also apply mascara until I achieve my preferred look (which is always more than one coat; never waiting between coats).

Action Shots:









I would say that this mascara is fantastic for many occasions; especially a smokey eye or night out on the town look. You will achieve a thick dark looking lash set using this mascara. However, you will get little to no build up of length. If you have longer lashes already, this formula is something that I would recommend as it will build the thickness of your lashes making them look quite impressive and dramatic (Ahem, a date night must).

Quality: ****/5 (The formula is thick, creamy, and deeply pigmented while the wand is innovative and well thought out in regards to design)

Perks: The formula is made using minerals and quinoa protein for a more natural ingredient list.

Bang for your buck: ****/5 (It’s a great price for such a quality product)
Disclaimer: I purchased this with my own money and I am not being paid for my opinion.

Are you planning on trying out this mascara? Do you end up buying the newest formula/brush styles?


1 comment: